Tuesday 23 March 2010

Question 1

In What Ways Does Your Media Product Use, Develop or Challenge Forms and Conventions of Real Media Products?
From my research I have found different types of conventions such as; the name of the charity at the top of the page, an image of what they are focusing at, audio, videos, and links to pages listed somewhere on the page. Other conventions are the main colours of the website and the written language as it makes it appeal to the audience they are focusing at. On my website I have used some of these conventions such as, the name of my website is at the top of the page with a picture of my main focus next to it. The background is green as my main focus is towards cannabis, with blue writing which makes the text stand out against the background. I have also used a video and audio on my website to attract my audience as it makes the website more active and appealing. The video is in the centre of the page with the links underneath it and the charities contact information on top just under the charities name. My websites also contains an A-Z of the most popular drugs and some of the effects which may occur after doing them which would appeal to my audience because its quick and easy to read but will tell you the main effects. My third page is somewhere where my audience can tell their own stories so other people can see how drugs affect families and the user. This may help people to actually realise how much they are affecting their lives and will hopefully encourage them to share their stories and to overcome their addiction.

My website is different from other drug charity websites because it is mainly focused at people who are addicted to cannabis. Also, my website has its own original layout with a video on the main page to draw my audience’s attention. The links are at the bottom of the main image going across the page, whereas the other websites have the links down the side of the page. Comparisons between my website and others I have seen on the web are; my website contains the same type of information and pages for example, there are pages where you can write about your own personal stories and read others. Another comparison is I have the name of the charity as a header with an image of its main focus somewhere near it on the page which is a convention most websites have.


No comments:

Post a Comment